Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A serious of Unfortunate Events!



When my mom came to Hawaii, she brought with her the pictures that we took at Christmas time at Target. Because the pictures didn't come back in time for us to pick them up before we left Utah, my mom picked them up for us and waited to bring them until she came.

I was so excited to get the pictures. We only get around to taking a family picture or even boy's pictures at Christmas time. Unfortunately this year a great tradegy happened. The other day I was cleaning my home and I placed the packet of all the pictures on the table. Later that day when I had returned from grocery shopping, I noticed one of my cans I bought was not sealed correctly and most likely the soup in the can had gone bad, so I placed the can in a bag and placed the bag on the table.

The next morning, after one of the largest rainstorms Hawaii has seen in almost 10 years, I noticed that there was a small amount of condensation in the home. Everything felt damp. When I was cleaning off the table I noticed a puddle coming from the bag with the rotten can. I guess the pressure in the air and the extreme moisture in the air made the can bust open and the soup contents leak out and find my precious Christmas pictures and destroy EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! I am devestated and not quite sure what to do. I think I will try to call Target today to see if I can get reprints, but other than that, this one single scan of the picture is all we scanned before the fatal accident. So here is your copy of our family picture for 2005.

2 SPLURTS:

Pop said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnson Journal said...

What a lovely family picture!!! Thanks for sharing! You look awesome!!