Sunday, November 13, 2005

SUnset Farmers Market

About 2 times a month, on Saturday, I try to make it over to the Sunset Farmers Market. At the farmers' market I buy mangoes, star fruit, green onions, tomatoes, small yellow onions, oranges, grapefruit, jabong(a cross between a grapefruit and an orange, but is the size of a volleball), and chinese parsley(a lot like cilantro). The produce at the farmers' market is much cheaper than the grocery store. All the booths are homemade or homegrown items...it reminds me of the cute farmers' market in Wenatchee, Washington. I have thought about having my own stand and selling jewelry and cards...but that would take away from my yardsaling time. In the pictures below, you can see George and Henry trying the local grapefruit. George loved it and Henry immediately spit his out. So Henry is showing his reaction to the fruit.

4 SPLURTS:

Nikki said...

Oh, I love those pictures. It makes me miss George and Henry sooo much.

Leslie said...

I was wondering when you were finally going to blog! I can't believe how blonde Henry is!!! And George looks so cute with that big orangey grin on his face. I do, however have some dentist numbers I'm sending you.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Erin Calabio...I mean Summerill.
How are you? Bobbi gave me the link to your blog and so I have been trying to catch up on your life the past few months. Whew...you are one busy woman! I can only remember you in blue and white with shorter hair and so seeing these pictures was fun. You are so pretty! Hawaii seems like a dream. I've hard of island fever though...have you caught it yet?:) Just wanted to let you know that I'll be checking back regularly.
Shayleen (Johnson)...but now it's Lunt!

i'm erin. said...

Shayleen, I am so glad that you posted! I haven't seen you in forever. Send your e-mail.