Sunday, August 28, 2005

Recycling for money

There is a recycling center in Kahuku that gives you 5 cents for every bottle and can. We have made it our family practice to stop at the trash can as we are leaving the beach to search for bottles and cans. We have been able to earn between 10 and 25 dollars a week. Pictured here are George and Henry excited to go to the recycle center.
Every time we go to the center, George and Henry are given part of that money to save and do with what they please...kind of. The recycling has been great except for george yelling everytime we are in public, "Look mom, there's a can."

3 SPLURTS:

Nikki said...

Sounds like fun! I remember doing that with Mom and Dad when we lived there. We still collect cans now, but they don't pay nearly as much here. I think it's like 1.4 cents per can.

Leslie said...

I remember that too. Christian would love doing that - how fun!

Troy said...

When I was little I got the under-the-bleacher duty. I was also the one who would be hanging by my feet with my friend pulling me out of the garbage can.